Friday, October 24, 2008

By Faith Are We Saved

In a 1995 interview, Barack Obama says:


EOB: I’m wondering if the ethnically-mixed couple of today, if when their child is thirty-four years old, if they’ll find it any easier to deal with these issues than you have found it?

Obama: That’s an interesting question. I’m not sure. I think in some ways there’s less novelty to the idea of mixed couples. They’re not seen as lurid or perverse in ways that I think they were thirty years ago. I think that this country is inevitably going to be undergoing changes simply due to demographics. There’s been a lot of talk about the “browning of America” ...

EOB: I was just going to use that same phrase ...

Obama: ... and I think that is going to be happening. We can’t ignore it. I think whether or not my children or your children will have to struggle with these same issues depends on what we do, and whether we take some mutual responsibility for bridging the divisions that exist right now. And I really want to emphasize the word “responsibility.” I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs, who doesn’t want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or you’re an inner-city child who doesn’t want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we’re going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now.
So in his world, whites must pay higher taxes to heal racial division.

Thug.

Transcript (pdf) of the interview.

(w/t Gateway Pundit)


Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

obvious hatchet edit job-- weak attempt to start a controversy. so ignorant, doesn't even understand the arguments that are included in the edited version that actually counters claims that this is racist against white people.

he argues for common ground between whites and black in the full clip; specifically, how the fate of the white person living in the suburbs is tied to the fate of the black kid in an underperforming urban school district.

and he says essentially that turmoil on africa CANNOT be blamed on white people, i.e., colonialism, and is instead a result of ethnic conflict, i.e., black on black repression, like that in bosnia and in gang-torn los angeles, i.e, black on black and brown on brown violence.

but, if the editing style is any indication, intellectual honesty is clearly not a priority for the manufacturers of this desperate, faux controversy.

Loren Heal said...

I don't know what you mean by hatchet job. I posted the full context.

Obama doesn't "argue" for the common ground, he merely states with no evidence that white people are reluctant to pay taxes in support of urban schools. Further, he says that white people being willing to pay for schools for black kids is necessary to heal racism, while black kids have the job of making their streets safe and clean.

The bargain is thus: I'll be the good citizen I should be if you just give me more money than you're already giving me.

It's just more liberal Great Society crap.

Blog stats

Add to Technorati Favorites